Friday 2 November 2012

Maltesers Slice


This will be my second recipe made using the ever delicious always scrumptious Maltesers. I can not describe what it is about it that I love so much but I just know I do and I'm not alone. It's just so addictive. I have made a healthier Maltesers treat, Maltesers Fudge, a low fat low sugar calorie conscious Weight Watcher's version. This one is NOT. It's jam packed with malt and chocolate goodness.

I must admit that I do think this is a tad too sweet for my palate. The recipe I followed is an Eric Lanlard's recipe Malteser Square. The next time I make it (oh there most certainly will be a next time) I will use a semi sweet chocolate as opposed to the milk chocolate the very French and very cute Eric Landlard uses.

This is a super easy recipe, one for the time strap cook (moi!). It's melt, stir, tray and chill. In under 15 minutes you'll be done. Enjoy.

Maltesers Slice

100g butter
200g milk chocolate (or semi sweet if you prefer less sweet)
3 tablespoons golden syrup
225g Digestive biscuits
approx 300g Maltesers
75g white chocolate

1. Grease a 20 inch shallow tin - or skip the greasing and use silicone bake wear.

2. Crush the biscuits. I put them in a plastic bag, grab the rolling pin and bash my stresses away (very therapeutic)

3. Melt butter, chocolate and golden syrup.

4. Mix in crushed biscuits. Let cool a little because the next step is to stir in about 250g Maltesers.
*** if you put the Maltesers in when chocolate mixture is very hot all the chocolate coating will melt****

5. Once mixed pour into tin. I use some of the remainder chocolate balls to garnish the top randomly and I eat the rest.

6. Chill for 2 hours or more.

7. Cut into small square or rectangular slices, melt some white chocolate and drizzle over to finish.







No comments:

Post a Comment