Sunday 6 May 2012

Creamy Lemony Summer Tart ... for all seasons!

I have to give credit for this recipe to the queen goddess of all Domestic Goddesses, she who only needs one name, the one and only Nigella.

This tart is so simple and no fuss that everyone really should have the ingredients in their pantry as staple ... you just never know when you need to whip one up. I ALWAYS find a reason like birthdays, a new baby, special visits from friends, lunch, Wednesday, Friday ... you get the picture.

I do fear publishing this recipe will expose me as a fraud to some of my friends who have had the pleasure of eating the tart as they'll see how easy it is and how little effort I actually put in to it. The thing is Nigella has made such an incredible tart that it would be a sin not to share .... after all, you know the saying ... a shared calorie is a non calorie!! This is my slightly modified version, Nigella's link is at the bottom of post.

Creamy Lemony No Fuss Tart.

400g digestive biscuit
100g salted butter softened (unsalted will do but I love a touch of salt in the base)
500g cream cheese softened or it'll be lumpy
350g lemon curd (I use Yackandandah brand as I find it has the perfect tangy zingy taste for me)
An assorted combination of strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and whatever else you want



1. Blitz the digestives and butter until it looks like browney goldeny sand. Press into tart tin. Use a springform tin for easy removal. I normally make one big tart plus 3-4 extra little single pie size ones in the disposable trays. What shape or size or quantity is obviously up to you. Freeze it for at least 15 minutes.

2. Open jar of curd, throw on top of cream cheese in food processor, press button, blitz and you're done. This is how easy it is.

3. Pour lemon curd cream on tart base, decorate with fruit, pop back in fridge for at least 4 hours. The longer the better or removing the tart from tin might be tricky.

4. Present to friends, wait for ooohs and aaahhs, take a bow and say something appropriate like "it was no effort really" ... and quietly thank Nigella.

Credit for inspiration to Nigella Lawson.





No comments:

Post a Comment