Friday 18 May 2012

When No Reason is Reason Enough




For a lot of people dessert is only partook when a celebration is being shared. I bet you those people are a lot smaller than I am!! I do try to limit my partaking of sweet things but because I just love cooking and baking so so much sometimes it's hard. I am my own worse enemy.

Tonight is a good example of this. My family and I went out for a lovely dinner, a 2 course meal that was so generous in servings that when dessert came around we all very quickly shook our heads and politely lied to the waiter that we could not possibly fit another mouthful in. No sooner had we left the restaurant that I started thinking, "sure I'm full now but in an hour or so surely I'll be looking for a little chocolate fix".

Which brings me to now, an hour and half after returning from dinner .... I have just removed 4 cups of Chocolate Hot Pots from the oven, hot pots that were inspired by none other than the Goddess of all things chocolaty and hot, Nigella. To be specific her Chocohotopots. My kitchen smells divine, of butter and dark chocolate. It's a very cold night and I am in need of some warmth and this is a lip smacking hot dessert so excuse me while I go and indulge *sigh*

Chocolate Hot Pots
125g butter
125g dark chocolate - I used 70% cocoa solids
2 eggs
3/4 cup caster sugar
3 tablespoons plain flour

1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees.

2. Melt butter and chocolate over double boiler or use microwave. (I used the microwave as I didn't want to wash up too many extra dishes .. lazy I know)

3. Allow chocolate mixture to cool.

4. Whisk egg, sugar and flour. Stir in cooled chocolate mixture and combine. (important that it's cooled or you'll end up with chocolate scrambled eggs)

5. Separate into 4 equal parts in ramekin - or if you're like me one will have a tad more than the others, just for me.

6. Bake in oven for 20 mins. Allow to slightly cool for a few minutes. Then shove in face and sigh with bliss.
Hot chocolate volcano


No comments:

Post a Comment