Thursday 10 May 2012

Popping fun

I'm a mother to twin boys who are 2 and half years old. Very sweet and very naughty, and very everything else in between. Once a fortnight we attend a playgroup for multiple kids. It's an amazing circle of warm and welcoming ladies and their twins who have made my transition into a Multiple Mum a breeze. These wonderful ladies I am so very proud to say I can call friends now.

Whenever twingroup rolls around I'm always trying to think of what yummy treat I can make and bring as I love making and sharing anything scrumptious with this lot of superwomen. What I bake really does depend greatly on how much time I have to spare and that depends entirely on how well behaved the boys have been which in turn depends entirely on how well the planets are aligned, which direction the wind is blowing, if my tongue is held a certain way .... some days I can bake to my hearts content and other days I barely have time to scratch myself.

This particular day I wanted to make something fun and appealing to the kids but I just couldn't be bothered to do any actual baking. So I went on the internet and started looking at photos for things that had that instant wow factor but more importantly was easy to do. I found this blog and this no bake recipe for cookie pops and that was it, I was going to make my version of Mrs A In The Cove Cookie Pops.


Tim Tam Cookie pops

1 packet Original Tim Tams
100g cream cheese (softened)
1 packet white chocolate melts
1 packet of lollipop sticks (I only had 6 inches ones so I cut them in half)
whatever you want to sprinkle on cookie pops - I used coloured sugar and shredded coconut

1. In a food processor blitz the pack of Tim Tams andthen add cream cheese and blitz until all incorporated.

2. Use you hands and roll balls of chocolate mixture. Use lollipop stick and insert little holes in each ball in preparation for later. Freeze for an hour.

3. Melt the white chocolate over a double boiler. Take lollipop stick, dip end in melted chocolate and insert into hole of ball mixture. Then freeze again but only for a few minutes, enough to set the stick in the ball.

4. Dip whole ball into melted chocolate and place on lines tray. Whilst still wet add sprinkles of whatever you like but do it before chocolate sets so it stays in place or you'll be having coloured sugar and sprinkles and whatever else falling off the cookie pops.





Thank you Mrs A In The Cove


No comments:

Post a Comment